in Cape Town
Dinner - Music - Dancing
The Dias Tavern, an informally decorated Portuguese Taverna, is open for lunches & dinner offering an extensive menu as seafood and other portuguese dishes while playing live music...
- Established: May 1988 - Reservation: Advisable - Opening times: Monday to Saturday 12h00 till late - Dress: Casual
- Parking: Security Parking - Food: Business lunches & portuguese dishes - Payment facilities: Credit cards & cash - Full liquor license - Take-Aways: Yes! Anything goes...
The theme at Dias Tavern, an informally decorated Portuguese Taverna, was inspired by the 15th century explorer Bartolumeu Dias. Open for lunches, with a beautifull view of Table Mountain, as well as dinner, there is an extensive menu with a wide choice of meals.
Included is fresh linefish & other seafood specials; meat dishes & charcoal grilled steaks; spicy trinchado or Portuguese fillet steak; peri peri baby chicken or prawns; smoked eisbein, espetada (traditional braaied steak on a skewer), vegetable platters & salads. The list goes on & on...
If you decide to experience this continental athmosphere, you will also be tempted by an array of desserts. Then fiesta & dance the night away to live music playing your favorite golden hits!
- We also cater for (up to 150 people)
- Tour groups
- Staff parties
- Business Christmas lunches
- New Years Eve
- Birthday & all celebrations
- Set menu also available
Menus are deemed correct at time of publication but will vary over time. New menus and other site updates are normally applied within 24 hours of receipt from the restaurant. Changes can be sent via email, fax or telephone.
15 Caledon Street
Reservation MUST be made TELEPHONICALLY
+/- 3 days prior reservation: 021-4657547
NO EMAIL BOOKINGS ACCEPTED!